The studio is located just off the M1 - 6/35 Township Drive, West Burleigh. We have a car spot just out the front of our studio for you.
Please allow 2-3 hours for your newborn session, it all depends on how sleepy/settle your newborn is and many times er need to settle/feed.
WHAT TO BEING
- Snacks/beverages (ideally high protein, as there sessions can range from 2-3 hrs) I do have cold bottled water in the fridge at the studio.
- Extra nappies, wipes and formula if you are bottle feeding - I have a comfortable place for you to feed as needed during your session.
- A change of clothes in case you get pooed on
- Try to interact with your newborn to keep them awake 1hr before we start your session.
- Its also ideal to schedule your baby's feed right before you leave home, So baby's sleeping/milk drunk upon arrival. Please dress baby in comfortable, loose clothing so its easy to undress them.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Please wear simple, timeless, softer tone colours, clothing with no graphics or patterns.
- Bright colours like pink, red, neon reflect onto your skin and your baby's skin.
- Dad's are welcome to go shirtless for skin to skin shots if that's what you prefer.
- Please have all family members wear the same or coordinating colours.
- Make sure your hands and mails are clean as your hands will be in the photos.
- Your baby is generally naked, wrapped or in one of my little outfits.
- I have lots of wraps, hats, headbands, handmade/size appropriate outfits on hand so you don't need to bring anything.
DURING THE SESSION
- Newborn session typically take 2-3 hrs - with soothing, feeding, posing, changing set ups etc
- Feel free to bring some snacks for yourself.
- We have a nice comfortable lounge and area for you to relax in during your session.
- When we start the session, I ask that mum's handle baby as little as possible -
- Babies who are breastfeeding will wake up when they smell mum and thing its time to feed.
- When needed, we will stop do a nappy change, give bub a feed/top up throughout the session.
I will take your baby's lead, getting them to sleep before posing takes time and they may need a feed or cuddled a few time first. I would say a good 50% of rhe session will involve feeding, nanny changes and cuddles to get baby comfortable and back to sleep. If that doesn't work, we'll take a break to work with what baby gives us and get a few awake shots.
POO HAPPENS - We may be doing some cute naked shots of baby in your session. Please done panic if your baby decides to to poo at this time. Its a natural and I expect it . Please done feel embarrassed or worry when this happens. I was all my blankets in between each session.
Poses - Please keep in mind that not all babies will cooperate or be able to do all the different poses. the saftry and confort of your baby will always be my top priority.
Some babies may fuss and cry while they are being posed just because they dont want to be messed with and this is normal. trust in me that I will attempt what you want me to but if I feel like its going to to happen. I will ket you know and we will move on.
Thanks and I cant wait to meet you and your sweet baby.